The Future of Work: Aligning the Workforce, Tomorrow’s Work & Workplace
August 3-4, 2019
American University, Washington, DC
Who is this event for?
This event is for you if….
- You are future oriented and want to understand how critical macro-trends are changing the workplace, learning, and credentialing
- You prefer a combination of presentation and small group interaction and
- You need to “take away” useful tools to begin future-proofing your workplace and your learning and credentialing programs.
What will you learn?
This is a tight agenda, jam packed with facts and insights, including:
Why look to the future?
- Purpose of trend forecasting, futurecasting, & visioning
- Fads vs trends and the empirical practice behind trend forecasting
- Key characteristics
- How they like to learn and work
- How to appeal to them
- How Gen Z will impact work and the workplace
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- What’s already happening in the workplace & professions
- Myths about AI
- How machines and humans will work/learn together
- What we already know/can predict about specific impacts on job roles
- How AI will impact you and your work
Workplace & Workforce Fluidity
- Gap between employer needs and what academic education provides
- Competency-based education, “new collar” apprenticeships
- People changing jobs (but not necessarily “careers”) more frequently
- Self-created, non-linear career journeys
- Displacement of the labor sector, dying industries, re-skilling and up-skilling
- Pace of change fueled by technology, including just-in-time, bite-sized learning; micro-credentials; stackable credentials
- News ways to work, including side “hustles” and gigs
- How workplace fluidity will impact you and your work
Who is presenting?
Judy Hale, Ph.D., CPT, CACP and Lenora Knapp, Ph.D. have been curious about the future for a long time. As consultants who are brought in to “fix” challenging situations, they have seen what happens when organizations get too far “behind.”
This workshop is an easy and smart way to learn about the forces shaping the future workplace and what this all means as a practical matter. This workshop is also a rare opportunity to get the combined thought leadership of Judy Hale and Lenora Knapp together in ONE location.
The International Society for Performance Improvement
is excited to announce that we will be hosting our Summer Institute on the Future of Work: Aligning the Workforce Tomorrow’s Work & Workplace. The Summer Institute will run August 3-4, 2019 in Washington, DC on the campus of American University.
Our two-day workshop led by Judy Hale (Hale Associates) and Lenora Knapp (Knapp & Associates International, Inc.)
is an intensive, highly interactive institute that will focus on trends shaping the world of work. Specifically, it will present the latest insights on how work is being redesigned to take advantage of workforce capability and to align with technology-driven changes in the workplace. At the same time, the workforce is changing and being forced to change in response to economic conditions, automation, and artificial intelligence.
Objectives: Participants will get tools, guidelines, and frameworks they can use to:
1. Explain how Artificial Intelligence and automation are changing tasks, roles, the workplace
2. Identify the gap between today’s workforce and work requirements
3. Comprehend how the trends are impacting the field of performance improvement and their own work.
4. Apply their insights on the trends to their daily work