More than 1800 people around the globe call ISPI their professional home. ISPI and its members use evidence-based performance improvement research and practices to effect sustainable, measurable results, and add value to stakeholders in the private, public, and social sectors. With this role comes a great responsibility for members to commit to ethical standards that promote the goal of transforming society for the better.
ISPI’s Membership Code of Conduct embody aspirational ethical standards for its members, Board, Committees, Task Forces, and Chapters. While adherence to the aspirational ethical standards is not easily measured, conducting themselves in accordance with these ethical standards is an expectation that members have of themselves as professionals. Among the aspirational ethical concepts which this Membership Code of Conduct embraces are those of respect, responsibility, fairness, and honesty.
- Respect: Respect is demonstrating a high regard for one’s self, others, and the resources entrusted to them. Those resources may include people, money, reputation, the safety of others, and natural or environmental resources. An environment of respect engenders trust, confidence, and performance excellence by fostering mutual cooperation — an environment where diverse perspectives and views are encouraged and valued.
- Responsibility: Responsibility is taking ownership for the decisions one makes or fails to make, the actions one takes or fails to take, and the consequences that result.
- Fairness: Fairness is making decisions and acting impartially and objectively. A member’s conduct must be free from competing self-interest, prejudice, and favoritism.
- Honesty: Honesty is understanding the truth and acting in a truthful manner both in one’s communications and in one’s conduct.
Membership Code of Conduct
This document sets the code of conduct expected of all members of the ISPI and is a condition of membership. It applies to all members, irrespective of their membership type, the role they fulfill, or the jurisdiction in which they live or work.
As an ISPI Member, I will:
- Abide by the rules of ISPI as set out in its Articles of Incorporation;
- Uphold the reputation and good standing of ISPI;
- Act with integrity and respect others;
- Act, support, respect, and abide by the appropriate laws and in general that apply to personal conduct;
- Act in the general interest and will not use my position to unfairly benefit myself, my employer, my Chapter, or others;
- Promptly pay membership fees as part of continued membership and keep my information updated;
- Will not knowingly hold, assume, or accept a position in which interests conflict with commitment or role to ISPI;
- Will not make any statement on behalf of ISPI or purport to represent ISPI through any public medium, including digital social media, unless authorized to do so by ISPI; and must reject and will not make any offer of bribery or unethical inducement;
- Conduct all business with ISPI and its partners will professionalism and respect
Should a member fail to meet the conditions in this Code of Conduct, ISPI may, at its sole discretion, decide on the appropriate action to take. ISPI reserves the right to revoke membership that has been granted, in the event that a member violates the Membership Code of Conduct. The revocation proceedings are specified in the bylaws governing ISPI and provides protection of the rights of any individual who may be subject to revocation of membership.
ISPI reserves the right to update this Membership Code of Conduct.
By applying for membership to ISPI you indicate that you have accepted and will abide by the Membership Code of Conduct as published from time to time.